We Love

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A bad yet beautiful seed


The minute TTBA had agreed on the April theme ‘SEX, DRUGS, ROCK & ROLL’, I very naturally felt compelled to pay homage to the lyrical genius, Nick Cave.
As a young girl, my mother often would sit me on her lap as we would harmonize along with the poetic ballads beautifully created by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Both of us would tilt our heads whilst  at times our minds  would wander and fantasize about him gloriously serenading our individual selves. Romanticism bled out of our hearts to his compositions and as I have matured into today, I admit that Nick Cave will forever possess a little spot in my heart. 
His tragic, dark, yet picturesque appearance has always woo’d me, his impressionable love affair with PJ Harvey has charmed me and the projects he has been involved in I always seem to find myself infatuated with. Above all, his music with the bad seeds is some of the most moving, influential, eclectic and brilliant work I have come across in my life so far. 
Perhaps this humble and engraved love I have for the man could partly be as a result of my fond memories of how his music always brings my mother and I close together. 
I adore the thoughts provoked in his poetry, the realism he expresses along with common identifiable emotions that, in all honesty, we can all relate to in some way or another.
Every word spoken is hearty, humane and honest. Sometimes you weep and smile humbly and sometimes your blood warms to levels that cause emotions to roar out of you. 
Each project and album is quite different from one another, and its quite difficult to categorize or isolate Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds into a particular genre as they forever fashion differing work
God Bless Nick Cave and his mighty Bad Seeds
Rischenda xx

www.nickcaveandthebadseeds.com

No comments:

Post a Comment