We Love

Monday, April 25, 2011

TO AND FRO PRESENTS THE ARTISTS OF SUGAR MOUNTAIN





Music & Arts Festival April 30th 2011

Melbourne’s Forum Theatre will play host to the main festival event, on APRIL 30th 2011.

Featuring artists such as AA (USA), Brous, Canyons, Collarbones, Coolies (NZ)
And Visual Artists such as Ainslie Fletcher, Alex Kopps, Beci Orpin and my own personal favourite THOMAS CAMPBELL (USA)

Thomas Campbell is a Californian based, self-taught painter, sculptor, photographer, and filmmaker who splits his time between his painting/ sculpture/ stuff making studio in California and travelling the globe making films.

In his ‘artist statement’ Campbell said

‘Well, i am not a huge fan of using words to describe art and every time I am asked to write an artist statement my gut instinct is just to say “Um, I make stuff”;. And in reality, that is what i do, I am a creative person by nature and by trial and error – and I just enjoy adapting to different creative scenario’s and moving with them.


If I was arm wrestled into stating what my work is about.. I would say that the basic theme’s are affirmational in a self referential sense…using wordage like “Sing ding aling”; or  “The present is the presen” to make a personal road sings to say, “Wake up dummy & by thankful for what is and what can be”. In general I really rather people have there own unhindered experience with the work.’


Saturday he will be painting LIVE at Melbourne’s Forum theatre in front of an audience of fans, tickets are $65 and available through ticketmaster


For more Info, visit the official site

MC

No comments:

Post a Comment